COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Safety
Travel Safe on UP Express
Please don’t ride public transit if you’re sick.
Face masks are optional but welcome on UP Express and in our stations.
Wash your hands regularly. If you can’t, please use hand sanitizer.
Buy your ticket online, use a TVM in station, or use PRESTO contactless by tapping your PRESTO card or personal credit card, debit card or mobile wallet from phone or watch on an UP Express PRESTO payment device to pay for your fare before boarding the train. Don’t forget to load money onto your PRESTO card using the PRESTO App to avoid lining up at the station.
- CleanSlate UV machines to sanitize your electronic gadgets such as smartphone, tablet, and other non-porous items such as your pen, keys, and your PRESTO card! This device has the power of UV light to kill up to 99.99% of germs. UP Express customers can use CleanSlate UV machines free at UP Union Station and Pearson Station.
- A self-serve and voluntary temperature checker is available at UP Express Union Station platform. Temperature screening is not mandatory to onboard UP Express.
- Upgraded air filtration on trains and in stations.
- Disinfecting our vehicles and stations daily, with enhanced cleaning measures to include all high-touch surfaces.
- Installed polycarbonate screens on service counters in all stations to protect both customers and staff.
- Installed on-board seat dividers on our trains mean you can ‘sit anywhere’ safely.
- Touchless payment options – such as buying ticket in advance, using a TVM, or using PRESTO card and contactless payment i.e. credit card, debit card or mobile wallet on phone or watch. Please don't forget to tap on and off designated UP PRESTO devices.
- Hand sanitizing dispensers at all stations and at the entry zone of each train.
- Providing hands-on assistance only if needed.
Schedule Changes & Alerts
UP Express trains will run every 15 minutes on weekdays during the busiest parts of the day.
- In the morning from Union Station, trains will depart at 4:55 a.m., 5:10 a.m., 5:30 a.m., then every 15 minutes until 8:45 a.m. In the afternoon, trains will depart every 15 minutes from 2:15 p.m. until 7:15 p.m.
- In the morning from Pearson Airport, trains will depart at 5:27 a.m., 5:42 a.m., 5:57 a.m., then every 15 minutes until 9:12 a.m. In the afternoon, trains will depart every 15 minutes from 2:27 p.m. to 7:57 p.m.
- At all other times of day, trains will continue to depart every half hour, with 25-minute travel time between Union Station and Pearson Airport.
- Be sure to check the UP website before you travel to ensure you have the latest schedule information.
- Face masks are optional but welcome on UP Express and in our stations.
- Yes, we’ve installed hand sanitizer dispensers in all UP Express trains and all UP Express stations.
- Buy your tickets before you board, online at upexpress.com, or with the UP mobile app. You can also pay for your UP Express fare by tapping your PRESTO card, credit card, debit card, or mobile wallet on an UP Express PRESTO fare payment device before boarding the train. You can load your PRESTO card instantly using the PRESTO mobile app. With PRESTO, you can set up Autoload so your PRESTO card automatically loads when your balance drops below a dollar amount you choose. For more information, please visit https://www.prestocard.ca/en
- Your safety is our top priority, and UP Express is still the best connection between Pearson and downtown Toronto. Toronto Pearson Airport is also committed to taking all measures necessary to ensure the health and safety of all passengers and their employees. To learn more about their enhanced measures and new safety processes, please visit https://www.torontopearson.com/en/healthy-airport.
- Fully vaccinated travellers are allowed to enter Canada. For detailed information on who qualifies as a fully vaccinated traveller and/or the quarantine requirements, please check Government of Canada Travel Resctrictions page.
- Yes, the Meeter & Greeter Return ticket is still available and it can be purchased right here online. Pearson Airport has implemented new initiatives and processes to ensure a safe and healthy airport environment. New policies may include “meeters and greeters” to wait outside of the terminals as terminal access is restricted only to travelling passengers, as well as airport employees on duty. With that, before purchasing a Meeter & Greeter ticket, please check the Pearson Airport website and refer to their healthy airport commitment page for more information.
- Yes, onboard UP Express washrooms will continue to be open and are regularly cleaned.