Ready to ride UP Express again? We're here for you. We’ve stepped up cleaning and implemented 40+ new safety measures, which are guided by public health officials. Let’s take care of each other. These changes will help all of us stay healthy and safe.
Some simple steps to keep everyone safe:
- Please don’t ride public transit if you’re sick.
- Protect yourself and others by wearing a face covering.
- Wash your hands regularly. If you can’t, please use hand sanitizer.
- Buy your ticket online, use a TVM in station, or load money onto your PRESTO card using the PRESTO App to avoid lining up at the station.
- Keep a safe distance and stay 2 metres (6 feet) apart, when possible.
You can count on our front-line team to:
- Work diligently to ensure that our stations and trains uphold the highest in cleanliness and hygiene standards.
- Receive regular health screening.
- Protect you and others by wearing a face covering and practicing physical distancing at work.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) safety measures on our UP Express trains, platforms, and in stations:
- If you are travelling through Union Station, a Health and Safety kiosk is available in the York Concourse. There, you’ll find interactive stations where you can take your temperature, test your hands for germs, and more.
- Frequent deep cleaning—including the use of specialized HEPA vacs—which remove the droplets which transmit COVID-19.
- All vehicles and high-touch areas in stations receive the application of a long-acting antimicrobial germ protecting barrier.
- Immediately closing a station—or taking a vehicle out of service for sanitization—in cases where a person with COVID-19 has been on the premises/onboard.
- Installing polycarbonate screens in all stations to protect both customers and staff.
- Touchless payment options – such as buying ticket in advance, using a TVM, or using PRESTO. Please don't forget to tap on and off designated UP PRESTO devices.
- Rolling out hand sanitizing dispensers at all stations and at the entry zone of each train.
- Providing hands-on assistance only if needed.
Enhanced Cleaning Measures
At UP Express, we are committed to your health and safety. We've increased cleaning on our UP Express trains and in our stations because a safe journey is a clean one. On top of our already frequent cleaning schedule, we’re also focusing 30+ high touchpoint areas throughout your trip and disinfecting them multiple times a day. Take a look at what else we’re doing to keep our trains and stations clean:
- Using products on Health Canada’s list of hard-surface disinfectants with evidence against COVID-19 to clean our UP Express trains and stations every day and every night.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas including, luggage racks, handrails, door handles, service counters, seatback trays, armrests, elevator buttons, stair rails, and mobility areas.
- Increased cleaning of all washrooms and disinfecting of door handles, buttons, faucets, soap dispensers, door locks and support bars.
- Immediate disposal of discarded masks/gloves. Increased removal of garbage and paper from the seats/floor.
Upcoming COVID-19 Safety Measures:
Watch this area for the latest updates.
- We have installed signs and decals throughout the UP Stations at Union and Pearson Airport to help guide customers. Customers will now see floor decals at the service counters, ticket vending machines and inside elevators.
- Over the coming months, we’re adding even more hand sanitizing dispensers on trains and in stations to ensure they’re always available for you.
- Health and Safety pop-up kiosks will be introduced at Bloor and Weston stations in the next coming months, to provide UP Express customers information and tools necessary to stay safe.